We hope you and your family are in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and orthodontic care in our practice.
Our Governor, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), and the Illinois state Dental Society (ISDS) have issued new recommendations that dental offices resume provision of routine oral and dental care consistent with their new guidelines.
We have been hard at work getting our office ready and our staff has started calling to reschedule your appointments. We have 2 months of patients to reschedule. Our staff has a detailed list of who needs to be rescheduled and they are starting with those patients that had appointments on March 17th when Governor Pritzker closed down the state. Some of our patients have not seen us since January. Fortunately, the type of orthodontic mechanics and appliances we use are very stable and safe. If you have questions about rescheduling, please email the staff (firstname.lastname@example.org) as they will be constantly on the phones calling all our patients. You can always contact me directly on my personal phone if you have a serious issue that needs resolution 815-236-0058 (email@example.com).
Infection control has always been our top priority. Our excellent workplace cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization procedures continue to make our office one of the safest places to visit. In accordance with the IDPH we are observing some additional safety controls and want to make sure you know what to expect as you return to see us:
- Please brush your teeth before arriving at the office. Current guidance is for our brushing station to remain closed.
- Patients/Parents are asked to wear your personal mask to the office. Masks will be worn at all times while in the office.
- We will perform a short Wellness Screening when you visit that will consist of taking your temperature and asking a few health-related questions. We have hand sanitizer that we will ask all patients to use upon entry.
- We ask that only the patient come in for their appointment. If a parent needs to escort their child, we ask you to participate in the full check-in protocol, including wearing a mask.
- Please remain in your car while we care for your child. Unfortunately, we had to close our coffee bar, the game room, and remove all magazines and other items from our reception area (sorry). We have always loved to have our patients, siblings, and friends visit our practice together. Unfortunately, during this pandemic the guidelines call for us to only have the minimum occupants possible in our office.
- When your child has completed their appointment, we will contact you on your cell phone to answer any questions, schedule the next appointment if possible, and send them back out to your car.
Thank you for being part of our orthodontic family. We have really missed you. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back.